Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing 3

RSS
We have a gentlemen in our community that has really enhanced the community web presence with his blog. My English class has posted several movies to his RSS feed and had some responses to their work from around the world and that's really a neat experience. We've had students post to YouTube but the local feed gets more feedback. We added bandwidth this year so we're finally able to view our own work!

I adore the ability to manage the subscriptions. Oh how I wish it was that easier to get dropped from other mass mailings.

I need to get more staff members involved. I have helped a science teacher connect with a feed, but there is so much out there we are missing and since it's so easy to manage the subscriptions....I need to get others on RSS ASAP!

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

By and far, I believe RSS feeds may be one of the most valuable of these Things. Not only do they provide the current awareness that is needed, they also are great time managers...it doesn't get better. Now having said that, I see that I have ove 250 unread messages...sigh....

Patricia -
CMLE