Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 13

  • Which start page did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page?
    • Yahoo. I've had a page there for awhile but neglected it. I designed our school webpage so it seems like its personalized for me already.
    • iGoogle is also great. I think these sites are wonderful for both novice users--I've helped some family members setup Yahoo pages and they would be lost without it.
  • Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the library or at home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?
    • I love having mapquest right there. My father does not believe in mapquest since it has my brother's house listed on the wrong side of a major freeway so I'd have to recommend a news wire to him instead.
  • How can the online calendars be useful to you?
    • I'm spoiled by a great calendar in my email but I think it could be great for my son who likes to plan out everything.
  • What about the to-do lists—helpful, too much work…?
    • I have so many lists that this may be helpful to have them consolidated but I'm still think the paper version is perhaps easier and so satisfying to cross off. Gosh
  • Did you try out Backpack? What did you think?
    • This is cooool. This would be a great option for a classroom for papers, calendars, etc. Or a group like scouts or youth group. Cool
  • Did you try any of the other tools in the list? Any good ones we should all try?
    • Zamzar was cool. We've use PDF converter and it is a great way to share documents

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

wow, you are cruising right along. Don't mind me if I don't comment on the five things you have done today. Keep exploring, learning and sharing.

Patricia -
CMLE