Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 15

  • If you chose Second Life, write a blog post about your findings and thoughts on Second Life. Is there a role for Second Life in libraries?
    • Well I created a great name and avatar that unfortunately attracted some sketchy boy avatars. EEEEWWWW. I did enjoy flying and I thought the Info Island had some great ideas. I'm usually on the defense when it comes to most sites but I'd struggle to find enough value in this for use in our media center. I can see how the money side would be very entertaining and also the appeal of the site overall, but am struggling to make a school connection.

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

I guess I am happy that libraries exist in 2nd Life, so we have our placeholder there. Amazing that so many people spend serious time and money on these kinds of games. I find 2nd Life to be outrageously entertaining, much more fun than TV. It will be a new fun thing for my personal life!

Patricia-
CMLE